The Week of December 10, 2018
- In the Parish
- Church Office Hours – Mon. thru Fri. 11:00 – 1:00
- Father Jim’s Office Hours – Tues. & Weds. 8:00-2:00
- Morning Prayer – Tues. & Weds. @8:30
- Healing Prayer – Tues. @ 1:00
- Eucharist – Rite I – Sun. @ 8:00
- Eucharist – Rite II – Sun. @ 10:00
- Wardens – Tues. @ 10:00
- Staff – Tues. @ 11:00
- Finance Committee- Tues.@ 5:00
- Dec. 12th – Soup & Conversation Advent Study @ 6:00 Journeying the Way of Love with a slide presentation by Deacon Tina – Walking through the Holy Land.
- Dec. 14th- Food Pantry @ 10:30- 2:00
- Dec. 15th – Wreath Making Class with Suzie Cabotage – 11:00 – St. George’s is suggesting a $25 donation/person for materials and a snack. Reserve you spot through the church office.
Save the Dates:
- Every Wednesday in Advent @ 6:00 – Soup & Conversation on the Advent Study Series “Journeying the Way of Love” & “Walking through the Holy Land” with Deacon Tina.
- Dec. 16th – Ugly Christmas Sweater Sunday – Have you got a Christmas sweater? Wear it on this Sunday and vote for the best (ugliest) Christmas sweater.
- Dec. 16th – Help at the Warming Center – 6:00
- Dec. 24th – Family Christmas Service – 5:30
- Dec. 25th – Christmas Day Communion – 9:00
- Jan. 6th – Confirmation Classes Begin – for ages 12 and up
- Feb. 10th – Bishop Mary’s Visit – Confirmation
Sunday, December 16th is: The 3rd Sunday in Advent. The theme for Sunday is “Joy.” Deacon Tina will be preaching.
St. George’s Sunday School is open!!! The kids head to Sunday School during the singing of the Gloria. They join everyone for the Lord’s Prayer and Communion. All children, grandchildren, great-grandchildren and friends are welcome. Next Sunday, we’ll all start to learn the “St. George’s Sunday School” song.
Lay-Ministers at St. George’s this Sunday
At 8:00: Elrond Lawrence; Laura Lawrence; Mike Middleton
At 10:00: Aidan Cervantes; Dylan Cervantes; Guadalupe Cervantes; Chrissy Haydis; Jon-Mark Hurley; Guadalupe Sylvester; Pat Walworth; Pete Wagley
Financial pledges enable St. George’s to plan for ministry, activities, outreach and building maintenance. Invitation pledges help our congregation grow. Please use the form below to make your pledge in support of St. George’s Church. Mail the completed form to the church office, drop it in the offering plate on Sunday or email it to: firstname.lastname@example.org. All pledges are confidential.
43 invitations pledged — 7 offered — 6 accepted.
We Still Need A Few Backpacks!
There are still a few backpacks that need to be filled for kid’s in the warming shelter. If you go to the church office, you can pick up a backpack and fill it with the items listed on the tag. Or, check out the list of items needed for the kids and contribute some of those if all the backpacks are gone. You’ll make a young person very happy. The backpacks will be distributed on December 16th, in the evening, at the warming shelter.
Click, Shop, Earn … Commissions for St. George’s.
If you have a reminder for The Seed for next week, please email it to: email@example.com